Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mommy!! Come Here Quick!!

Tonight while the girls were brushing their teeth in the bathroom, I went down the hall to our office to file some stuff. I heard Catherine screaming her head off for me with the tone of voice that indicated her need was urgent: "Mommy!! Come Here Quick!"

So I ran down the hall into the bathroom. She was standing on her stool, toothbrush in hand, pointing to the floor. With a huge grin on her face she shouted "Look, Mommy! My milk tube and bag looks like Mickey Mouse!"

I looked at the floor, and found this:

What an awesome moment. While we were in Disney World, we told the girls that there would be Mickey Mouse face & ears everywhere. The girls made a game out of pointing them out to us everywhere they saw them. We heard "I see Mickey Mouse" several times a day.

But this "appearance" of Mickey Mouse was completely random. Catherine had fallen asleep downstairs at about 6 pm, so I went ahead and started her overnight feeds while she slept on the couch. This was one of those nights when I was reminded that even though we are in remission and all seems well now, Catherine is still a sick little girl.

Sabrina was full of energy: making me a 27 course Play-doh dinner, talking up a storm, and running back and forth between the Play-Doh table and me on the couch. Sabrina needed no speech therapy, physical therapy, or other such interventions. She just thrived on her own.

Catherine, with all the interventions, is still fatigued and weak. Awesome and wonderful, but physically delayed. I do treasure laying on the couch with her, even while she is sleeping.

When it was time to actually go to bed, I carried her upstairs, with her feeding tube, bag, and pump attached. This woke her up, so I stood her on the stool in the bathroom so she could brush her teeth. I just casually, without even looking, placed the feeding stuff on the floor and walked out.

It was completely unintentional that the tube would loop in two symmetrical circles evenly spaced above the bag. Some may consider it a completely random event, meaning nothing. I think it was God's way of providing a moment of joy in Catherine's evening. It reminded me of how observant Catherine is and the value of seemingly minuscule details in life. Wow!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: