Sunday, December 4, 2011

Advent Activities

Last year we did an advent activity project instead of the traditional advent chocolate calendars.  Catherine would not eat chocolate and I don't want to encourage Sabrina (or anyone) to eat more candy.  So, I made envelopes for each day and hung them up in our foyer.  Each day we took an envelope down and completed the activity listed inside.  The kids loved the activity last year.

This year I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it again.  But, after Thanksgiving was over, Catherine kept asking me when we were going to hang the envelopes up for December.  She decided that she would pull down all the odd numbers and Sabrina could pull down the even numbers.

So, I used the same envelopes as last year and we have started again.

Day 1 was "Write letter to Santa."  Here's Catherine (in her Sleeping Beauty costume) picking the first envelope:
Day 2 was "Drink Hot Chocolate" and Sabrina chose the envelope:
 Catherine would not drink it, but we let Sabrina use the fancy Christmas china:

No comments: