Sunday, January 23, 2011

Desk Work

Every day (well, almost every day) we do desk work. I make the girls sit down and do something of an academic nature. Catherine has to learn her sight words and she has to build up her hand strength. She fatigues very easily and then gets very sloppy. So, I made books of her sight words and made her trace them with the D0-A-Dot markers. I used a blue crayon, so when she used the darker markers it was hard to read the letters. Next time I'll use a black crayon. This was good reinforcement of her sight words, as well as hand strength building. She made several books and spent an hour on this project. She started to complain her hand hurt, so I let her quit. I was impressed at how long the girls worked.

For Sabrina I made a book of the letters:

After she traced all the letters with Do-A-Dots, then I went through the whole book with her and discussed the letters, writing down a work which started with each letter.

I also made a number book for Sabrina:
Posted by Picasa

No comments: