Monday, October 25, 2010

My Favorite ...

As long as I have been a mother, I have always been very concerned that my children know without a shadow of a doubt that I love them. So, I would tell Catherine all the time "I love you" and "You're my favorite daughter."

When Sabrina came along, I had to amend what I said. I couldn't say that Catherine was my "favorite daughter" and Sabrina was just "my daughter." So I started calling them by their ages: Catherine is my favorite five year old, Sabrina is my favorite two year old.

The other day Catherine asked "When I turn six will I be your favorite six-year-old?" I said "Yes, of course." She replied "And when Sabrina turns three she will be your favorite three-year-old?"

I had to chuckle because she is on to me ... she has figured out my system!

No comments: