Recently we have read The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden. We did several projects, but I did not photograph them (you would think I would be in that habit by now).
For projects we did the following:
- colored a picture of Times Square
- made little tiny beds for a cricket in matchboxes (I considered buying a few crickets but decided against it)
- looked at a newspaper and all its parts (my girls had no idea what a "newsstand" was or what a "newspaper" is, because we get all of our news from television or the Internet)
- colored a picture of a pagoda, similar to the cage which they got from China Town
- looked at a photo album of a trip my husband and I took to New York City
This book is great because it exposes the children to New York City and various parts of it. I definitely recommend it!