Friday, April 30, 2010

Learning in the Driveway

For quite some time now I have been troubled that Sabrina does not know her colors. I have spent lots of time trying to teach her colors, and she has not seemed to get it. I had concluded that she was color blind. Then, about a week ago, I tried to teach her to sort. Because I wasn't sure if she knew her colors, I had her sort a bunch of Easter stickers by type of animal: rabbit, duck, chicken. She did not seem to understand this at all either.

So, I took the girls out to the driveway with our big cardboard blocks for some color sorting practice. The weather was gorgeous, so it was also great outdoor time. I told the girls to make lines of blocks, sorted by color. I knew Catherine could do this activity. To my surprise, Sabrina was able to line the blocks up and organize them by color.


They were both even able to make a pattern of two alternating colors:

Posted by Picasa

No comments: