Things I have said at the dinner table (which seemed totally appropriate at the time):
- Don't stick your straw in your ear.
- I have eaten a lot of yogurt and TRUST me, you cannot eat yogurt with your fingers.
- Why do you have grits in your hair?
- You cannot wash your hands in a glass of iced tea.
- We cannot call Belle during dinner.
- The question of whether you need a bath tonight is now moot.
- Six grapes is too many to put in your mouth at one time.
- You cannot drink salsa through a straw. Use a spoon.
- That's enough salt and pepper on your strawberries.