In reviewing what I have heard myself say recently, I wonder what people might think of me as a mother. "What does she let her kids get away with?" I really do supervise my children; they are just so active and inquisitive that it only takes a split second for them to get into things they shouldn't. So, recently I have said:
- New house rule: do not put ANYTHING up your nose.
- Do not hit your sister with the magic wand; just wave it over her head.
- Why are you squishing your banana in your fist? Just eat it.
- You cannot wear your Tinkerbell costume to school.
- Do not climb into the refrigerator.
- Do not sit on the dishwasher door. It is not a chair.